The girls had fun painting my off cuts of wood with watercolours.
I put some yellow watercolour paint on a large-ish white tile for the little one to use. She painted some off cuts, a couple of which were good enough to add to their block collection. Then she wanted red, and that got mixed into the yellow eventually and she noticed it turned orange!
I had this really cool piece leftover from a butterfly I cut out (for a new egg/leaf/caterpillar/cocoon/butterfly set I’m making for my shop!). I had to slice off a side of it to get rid of the roughness, and the slice ended up as a thin, wooden butterfly that I thought A would love to paint.
I love how the colours all ran into each other and made a rainbow butterfly. It would be neat to make more of these to paint, but I’m not sure, because I have to get my fingers a lot closer to the blade than you’re supposed to! I might try and figure out a safer way to do it!